Nutrition after Nose Surgery
Nutrition after Nose Surgery: People who are going to get a nose surgery should know that to achieve the ideal outcome, it is better to follow post-surgery cares, including nutrition after nose surgery.
In this article, we are going to explain the nutrition after nasal surgery.
What to do after nose surgery?
After nose surgery, in addition to cares after nose surgery that is described in the related article, people should also be careful about their nutrition and follow the below instructions.
- The patient should avoid eating food for 6 hours after nasal surgery, Because of the effect of anesthetics drug, they may have nausea, and after passing this period, they can start feeding by drinking a juice.
- Patients must avoid eating hard and tough foods such as corn, apple etc after nasal rhinoplasty because these types of foods require a lot of chewing.
- It is best for the patient to eat boiled dishes and diluted soups, and use a small spoon to eat them.
- Pineapple is the best fruit after nasal surgery that nose surgeons recommend the patient to use after nose job in order to heal bruising.
- It is good to know that celery juice is also recommended to decrease post-operative nasal swelling.
What to eat after nose surgery?
- Eating ice cream after nasal surgery is not recommended for two weeks.
- The patient should avoid drinking coffee for a few weeks to reduce swelling and bruising because caffeine in it causes swelling.
- The patient avoids getting a diet during this period.
- In the recovery period after nasal surgery, refrain from using new foods that you have not had before.
- Reduce salt intake in your meals.
- Avoid eating foods which have high species and condiment, as it may cause allergies.
- Stop eating sweet foods because it causes the rash on your face.
- Use fruits and juices of the natural fruit.
- Seriously avoid eating hot food.
Prevent allergies after nose plastic surgery by noticing instructions of nutrition after nose surgery, and get the best result from nasal cosmetic surgery.
Dr. Farshid Mahboubirad