Required Actions Before and after Nose Surgery
Required Actions Before and after Nose Surgery : When you decide to go for a nose surgery, first of all, you should consult several doctors. Doctor should explain you all aspects of this kind of surgery including tips for before and after nose job .
Regarding all profits and losses you must make your decision. Once you are going for nose surgery you should ask to know all cares before and after surgery, because doing these tips, have a big influence on final outcome.( Required Actions Before and after Nose Surgery )
Required actions before and after rhinoplasty are mentioned below:
Actions you should do Before Nose Job
- Two weeks before nose job stop taking medicines which thin blood such as Aspirin or Ibuprofen, because these medicines increase bleeding during nose job.
- Stop drinking alcohol three weeks before surgery, and do not smoke at least two weeks before operation, because Nicotine makes the healing procedure slower.
- Let your surgeon know if you have any kind of diseases even unimportant ones.
- Make sure you and your surgeon are on the same track, talk about your desired nose and your expectations in order to eliminate regret after surgery.
- You will not be able to back home on your own, so schedule for this issue.
- Doing some testes like blood coagulation or pregnancy for women is suggested.
- Finally, eat noting at least eight hours before nose surgery and let your stomach be empty, because full stomach cause reflux.
Actions you should do After Nose Job
- In order to reduce swelling to minimum, sleep on your back with elevated head.
- Do not wear sunglasses up to two months, instead, you can use contact lenses if it is really necessary.
- After nose job, use cold compresses around the nose and eyes, it can decrease swelling and bruising.
- Since hot weather can inflate tissue, do not exposure to the sun for a few months.
- Do not smoke after rhinoplasty.
- Avoid intense movement, heavy sports and lifting heavy things for at least 6 weeks.
- Try to eat soft foods for two weeks especially right after your nose surgery. Reduce eating spicy and salty foods, having a low-salt diet reduces inflammation and swelling prominently.
It is notable that, nasal surgery is an exclusive and individual procedure, and it depends on patient’s situation, healing and recovery time may be different. But regarding these advices can reduce your recovery time after rhinoplasty, and can help you come back to social life as soon as possible.